CSR at the core of our strategy
The general public expects the mining and metallurgy industry of the future to be genuinely responsible. With good reason! That's why Eramet has made corporate social responsibility a central focus of its development model, via three key commitments:
- A commitment to the well-being and development of our employees, as well as the populations living near our sites.
- To be a responsible company, focused on the circular economy and operating according to the highest ethical and human rights standards.
- To reduce the impact of our activities: the ecological crisis is upon us, and we are meeting our responsibilities by reducing our atmospheric emissions and our carbon footprint, as well as by preserving water resources and biodiversity on our sites. Our right to operate is contingent upon our doing so.
Our performance in this regard has been formally confirmed by ongoing independent audits: In global CSR performance indices, Eramet is ranked in the top 10 among companies in the mining and metals sector.
Here's the proof!
- €21 million invested in communities near our sites in the areas of health, education and training in 2020.
- 25% reduction in CO2 emissions per ton produced between 2018 and 2020.
- 24% reduction in workplace accidents in 2020.
The digital revolution in the service of performance
Smart, connected, safe mines and factories that are responsible both with respect to people and natural resources: this is our vision of the industry of the future. Digital technology is now at the very core of our operations: drones, autonomous vehicles and big data are improving the performance of our mines and plants 4.0. It is also transforming our work practices: our metallurgists are becoming data-metallurgists, trained in data science and running facilities using predictive tools.
Here's the proof!
- Eramet received the BFM Business award for digital acceleration in 2019
- 100 times more data harvested thanks to the drones and apps used by our surveyors and topographers
A leader in metals used in the energy transition
Nickel, cobalt, manganese, lithium: Eramet is the only European mining company with world-class deposits of the metals that are essential for the storage of energy for our electric vehicles and smartphones. Thanks to our outstanding industrial track record, world-class research capabilities and our ability to operate to the highest environmental and ethical standards, we are in a position to ensure that the energy transition will be successful!