The general public expects the mining and metallurgy industry of the future to be genuinely responsible. With good reason! That’s why Eramet has made corporate social responsibility a central focus of its development model, via three key commitments:
- A commitment to the well-being and development of our employees, as well as the populations living near our sites.
- To be a responsible company, focused on the circular economy and operating according to the highest ethical and human rights standards.
- To reduce the impact of our activities: the ecological crisis is upon us, and we are meeting our responsibilities by reducing our atmospheric emissions and our carbon footprint, as well as by preserving water resources and biodiversity on our sites. Our right to operate is contingent upon our doing so.
Our performance in this regard has been formally confirmed by ongoing independent audits: In global CSR performance indices, Eramet is ranked in the top 10 among companies in the mining and metals sector.
Here’s the proof!
- €21 million invested in communities near our sites in the areas of health, education and training in 2020.
- 25% reduction in CO2 emissions per ton produced between 2018 and 2020.
- 24% reduction in workplace accidents in 2020.
Would you like to find out more?