Digital is key in all of the Group’s activities, with support provided by:
- A Data Factory to accelerate AI projects: metallurgical process optimization in Norway and New Caledonia; predictive maintenance for the Gabonese railway; lead-time optimization at Erasteel; dredge path optimization at GCO in Senegal.
- Industrialization of projects on all sites of the Group: predictive maintenance in our plants; drone-led topography; safety applications (anti-fatigue, collision avoidance, beginning-of-shift control).
- Transformation of mining and metallurgy professions: drone-piloting certification for topographers and engineering structure control teams at Setrag in Gabon; certified data science training for metallurgists and geologists at SLN in New Caledonia; data training programs for managers.
The Digital transformation teams are fully involved in the improvement of Eramet’s CSR performance, thanks to projects such as telemedicine booths in Gabon; connected tires and drone surveillance to improve safety and the preservation of the environment around our mines; water management through sensors; database optimization, digital classes to deliver trainings to local populations in Gabon; connections and partnerships with startup incubators in all countries where Eramet operates.
2018-2023: what does a major industrial player's digitalization look like over 5 years?
An awarded transformation
- BFM Business digital acceleration prize for Eramet in 2019
- Christel Bories elected Digital Manager of the year in 2019 (BFM Awards)
- "Data & Technology" prize from Grand Prix Syntec Conseil 2020
- Netexplo Change 2020 award in the Artificial Intelligence category