Eramet’s personnel are the Group’s greatest asset. Their dedication and their managerial and technical skills are central to the quality of relationships with customers, the Group’s future development and its operational excellence in each of its business lines. Eramet therefore pays particular attention to the continuous professional development of its employees and to maintaining, enhancing and transferring their skills.
A joint HR strategy, serving the Group's growth
The Group has a strong international presence: 45% of Eramet employees are based in Europe, 35% in Africa and Oceania, 15% in Asia and 5% in North America. The culture of each of the subsidiaries or business line subsidiaries is also well established, hence the importance of a shared HR strategy applied to everyone and based on unifying principles.
At the service of the Group’s overall strategy, the Human Resources policy centers on supporting employees and their management in playing an active part in our goals of profitable, sustainable and harmonious growth. This policy is based on six fundamental themes:
- identifying, attracting, retaining and developing talented people;
- developing and recognizing performance in generating profit;
- strengthening managerial abilities and defining and promoting the management role;
- participating in creating a work environment that respects employees and the Group’s values;
- developing and promoting constructive collective bargaining;
- developing the operational excellence of the HR department.
Training modules and development across the Group
To support the goals of the HR strategy, in particular strengthening managerial skills, Eramet shows real ambition in terms of the resources it devotes to the training and development of its employees.
The Group has recently set up the Eramet Group Institute of Management (IMaGE), which offers employees integration, managerial development and technical training courses. IMaGE’s flagship programs include the following integrated modules:
- The annual Discovery Days that bring together Eramet's new employees from around the world to enable them to consolidate their knowledge of the Group's organization, projects and strategy.
- Eramet's Leaders Program brings together twenty managers per session to help them construct their networks, enhance their knowledge and exchange ideas with directors.
- The Eramet Executive Development Program, developed in partnership with Duke Corporate Education, which aims to strengthen the leadership of executives and prepare them for their careers within the Group.
- A full program of team-management training.
Internal events such as business-line seminars, sales conferences or Metallurgical Days are opportunities for annual exchanges and sharing of best practices.