The vocation of Eramet Ingénierie, an Eramet Group subsidiary, is to design and build plants and industrial facilities in the mining and metallurgical sectors, for both Eramet and other customers. The company has built up more than 50 years’ expertise in ore processing businesses (mineralurgy, hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy, ore and bulk handling, etc.).
A partner for your industrial facility setup projects
Eramet Ingénierie works on industrial facility projects to create new units or renovate and upgrade existing facilities. Its structure provides for responsiveness, adaptability and flexibility.
The company’s role can be:
- Project management, i.e. studying, designing and making the works to the customer’s requirements, ensuring that the customer’s prerequisites are met in terms of safety, protecting the environment, quality, cost and schedule;
- Project owner assistance (AMOA) to support customers in describing their need or defining their goals, timeframe and budget.
It also offers auditing and technical assistance services.
Eramet Ingénierie can be brought in at different stages in a project:
- Preparation, through framework, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies. These enable customers to define their industrial facility in increasing technical and economic detail in order to appraise a capital expenditure project’s profitability;
- Execution, from detailed studies to startup, via the purchase of material and equipment, supervision of on-site work and commissioning assistance.
Eramet Ingénierie vouches for the quality of its customers’ industrial facilities, but also their compliance with current standards, certifications and regulations.
The company’s teams are from a wide range of backgrounds – equipment suppliers, operators, other engineering fields – and have worked in multiple sectors of activity including:
- nickel, cobalt, manganese, rare earths,
- industrial minerals,
- nuclear power,
- production and processing metallurgy,
- recycling of strategic metals or steelworks slurry,
- environment (water management, tailings, gas treatment, etc.).
The benefits of belonging to the Eramet Group and closeness to Eramet Research
Eramet Ingénierie has two major specificities that are beneficial to all its customers:
- It is backed by Eramet, a mining and metallurgy operator, which gives it feedback from operations on the ground and the ability, in addition to its own engineering resources, to call geologists and mining operators into play for mining studies (resource appraisal, deposit modelling, mine planning, technical/economic studies).
- It is very close to Eramet Research, the Eramet Group’s Research & Development Centre, in terms of:
- Geography as its teams are grouped together on a single site in Trappes (southeast suburbs of Paris),
- Organisation, with the two subsidiaries sharing some resources,
- Operations, through project management (processes are developed by Eramet Research, their industrialisation is monitored by Eramet Ingénierie).
Engineering that factors in QHSE aspects (Quality, Health, Safety, Environment)
Eramet Ingénierie ensures that quality, safety and the environment are factored in to projects from their conception. This goal is part of its general policy.
Eramet Ingénierie recently overhauled its quality management system and began a continuous improvement programme. Its processes, procedures and electronic management tools are designed to ensure the quality and traceability of the documentation provided for the projects it monitors. This quality management system enabled the company to maintain its ISO 9001 accreditation in December 2013. This certification was renewed for 3 years from December 18th, 2016 according to the 2015 version of the standard.